Making information technology (IT) decisions can feel like climbing a mountain, but there’s help for that. A managed service provider (MSP) can be your technology advisor and consultant.
With so many of us working off-site right now, digital transformation has moved from “wouldn’t it be nice?” to “we need to be there now.” Technology is essential to business success. Going digital can be daunting, especially when under pressure to get your business back on track. Where does one even begin?
Working with an MSP, you partner with consultants to navigate the technology mountain. Even before COVID-19 sent so many people home to work, MSPs provided IT help:
- researching new technologies to help customers collaborate better and work more efficiently;
- finding cost savings and ways to streamline business processes;
- offering cybersecurity and data backup strategies to suit business needs;
- monitoring and maintaining IT networks, systems, software, and applications;
- keeping systems up to date and secure;
- migrating business applications to the cloud.
The current environment is challenging businesses to pivot quickly, yet it’s business as usual for the MSP. Our experts have worked for decades with various technologies to help businesses enable remote work.
Taking the Managed IT Services Route
Working with an MSP, you gain the assistance of IT consultants to make the right tech decisions. This isn’t just deciding what online meeting platform works best for your needs (although an MSP can do that, too). A great MSP partner will take the time to learn:
- how you do business now;
- what technology is available;
- how users engage with the technology (on-site, mobile, a hybrid?);
- what your end users are looking for;
- short- and long-term business goals.
With this information, they can provide IT help at the business-strategy level. The MSP knows what works and what doesn’t. Drawing on a depth of experience with other customers, an MSP can avoid expensive mistakes. With a wealth of contacts with technology vendors, the MSP can often find you better deals.
The MSP partner makes technology its sole focus. You can spend your time on other important areas of your business. For a reasonable monthly fee, the MPS will work to:
- improve efficiency and flexibility;
- enhance security and compliance;
- monitor the performance, security and backups of your business systems;
- identify new technologies that can boost your users’ productivity.
Technology Tailored to Your Needs
Work with an MSP as your technology advisor. Our experts can help you pivot if you need to. We can help you allow staff to work at home, securely and efficiently. We can help downsize technology if that’s what the current situation requires and make smarter decisions as you adapt to the changing business climate.